** Please be advised that the website will be unavailable between 4:30pm to 7:00pm on Thursday Feb 22, 2018. **
12 October 2012
In this image from 2010, seminarians from Jordan work in the computer room at the Latin Patriarchal Seminary in Beit Jala, West Bank. (photo: Debbie Hill)
If you want to keep up with what’s happening in CNEWA’s world, some of the best resources are literally at your fingertips.
Here are five invaluable web sites that can help you keep track of developments in some of the places we serve:
- News.va. This is a relatively new site, but it’s quickly become a daily must-read. The site, run by the Holy See, offers translations of papal homilies and audiences, along with breaking news and announcements from the Vatican and editorials from L’Osservatore Romano. There are also links to its Facebook and YouTube pages. There’s also a special page for the Year of Faith.
- Catholic News Service. This site is operated by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and includes not lonely the latest news and information from Rome, but also movie reviews, videos and news briefs from around the world. Its Twitter feed is a great way to keep up with Catholic news.
- Byzcath.org. Looking for any news from the Byzantine world? Look no further. The site promises: “Here you will find news and general information about the Byzantine Catholic (Greek Catholic) and other Eastern Christian Churches.” It doesn’t disappoint. If you want, you can even find a parish.
- OCA.org. Like Byzcath, OCA is a terrific destination for all things related to one particular faith — in this case, Orthodoxy. For those who are curious, there’s a very good primer on the site that describes what Orthodoxy is, including some saints and common prayers.
- One-to-One. You’re here! Every day, we scan the wires for headlines from the places CNEWA serves, to bring you the latest and most interesting “Page One” items that we think will be useful to our readers. Be sure to bookmark our page and come back often! Check out our CNEWA homepage, too, which is updated with news items and links every day.
Tags: CNEWA Vatican Orthodox Byzantium